(the McKee family version - basic and mild)
FYI: We bought our Small Cashew Pieces from Azure Standard...
- 2 cups (16 oz) raw cashew pieces toasted in oven
- 3-4 T. toasted sesame oil
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp Garlic Granules
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chili Powder
- 3/8 tsp cayenne
- all spices "to taste"
- Black Botija Olives, pitted (optional garnish)
- Parsley (optional garnish)
- Paprika (optional garnish)
- Soak toasted cashews overnight. (Or at least 3 hours.)
- Drain and rinse cashews a few times.
- Place cashews and all remaining ingredients in a food processor.
- Puree until well blended (it will be very thick).
- You can add water ¼ cup at a time until desired texture...We didn't add water.
- Garnish with parsley, paprika, and Black Botija Olives.
possible additions - add while blending:
roasted red peppers
*original recipe came from SunFoods