Using rich whipping cream eliminates the need for measuring and mixing butter or shortening in these easy-mix, extra tender biscuits. You can freeze these biscuits and cook them straight from the freezer if you like. =)
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (we used unbleached organic from Costco)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- About 1 1/4 cups whipping (heavy) cream
- 1 Heat oven to 450ºF.
- 2 In large bowl, mix flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in just enough whipping cream so dough leaves side of bowl and forms a ball. (If dough is too dry, mix in 1 to 2 teaspoons more whipping cream.)
- 3 Place dough on lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat. Knead lightly 10 times, sprinkling with flour if dough is too sticky. Roll or pat 1/2 inch thick. Cut with floured 2-inch biscuit cutter. Place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- 4 Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately
remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve hot.